Our purpose is to:
- Offer emotional support for parents/cares who have a child/children without a diagnosis.
- Be able to listen to parent/carer stories and share the good and not so good parts of parenting a SWAN child.
- Provide information to parents/cares who have a child/children without a diagnosis.
- Advocate for more funding for genetic research so more testing is available, turnaround time on testing is decreased and more accurate results are obtained.
- Advocate for better resources and pathways for our child/children without a diagnosis.
Our goals are:
Based on the needs identified by SWAN UK, SWAN Australia aims to:
- Develop a community of families with undiagnosed genetic conditions for mutual support and information sharing.
- Develop a network of health and social care professionals with expertise in undiagnosed conditions.
- Increase awareness and understanding of undiagnosed genetic conditions.